WHO ARE WE?
The Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture (IICA) is the specialized agency for agriculture of the Inter-American System that supports the efforts of Member States to achieve agricultural development and rural well-being.
The Institute provides cooperation services through close and permanent work with its 34 Member States, addressing their needs in a timely manner. Without a doubt, IICA’s most valuable asset is the close relationship it maintains with the beneficiaries of its work. We have broad experience in areas such as technology and innovation for agriculture, agricultural health, food safety and quality, international agricultural trade, family farming, rural development, natural resource management and the bioeconomy.
Our mission is to encourage, promote and support Member States in their efforts to achieve agricultural development and rural well-being through international technical cooperation of excellence.
Our vision is to be a modern and efficient institution supported by a platform of human resources and processes that are capable of mobilizing the knowledge available in the region and around the world, with the aim of achieving a competitive, inclusive and sustainable agriculture sector that takes advantage of opportunities to contribute to economic growth and development as well as to foster greater rural well-being and sustainable management of its natural capital.
IICA PRIORITIES FOR STATEGIC ACTION
In pursuit of its vision and mission, IICA focuses its actions in six strategic areas:
- Contributing to the Repositioning of Agriculture and Rural life and a new institution
- Promoting trade and Competitiveness of Agribusiness
- Promoting the Development of Rural Communities based on a Territorial Approach
- Promoting the Sustainable Management of Natural Resources and the
- Promoting Agricultural Health and Food Safety
- Promoting the Introduction of Technology and Innovation for the Modernization of
Agriculture and Rural Development